About The Books of The Bible
Researchers such as George Gallup, George Barna and the Bible Literacy Project have shown a disturbing deficiency in biblical knowledge among the American public.
The Books of The Bible project encourages better Bible reading, particularly by emphasizing the reading of whole books. The result is an inviting and clean visual presentation of the Bible that can be understood and enjoyed more easily. The Books of The Bible differs from the format of most current Bibles in significant ways:
- chapter and verse numbers are removed from the text (a chapter-and-verse range is at the bottom of each page)
- individual books are presented with the literary divisions that their authors have indicated
- footnotes, section headings and other supplementary materials have been removed from the text (translators’ notes are available at the back of each book)
- the books of the Bible have been placed in an order that provides more help in understanding, based on literary genre, historical circumstance and theological tradition
- single books that later translations or tradition divided
into two or more books are made whole again
- single-column setting that clearly and naturally presents the
literary forms of the Bible’s books
The complete Bible in The Books of The Bible format is now available from International Bible Society.