- She was born in Falam, Myanmar. She was given the name “Levi” by the voice of God in 1993.
- Levi grew up in Myanmar and graduated with a B.S. (Physics) from Yangon and M.Div. (Malaysia Baptist Theological Seminary).
- She married Daniel S.C. Lim, and they have two lovely children, Samuel and Emmanuel (baby Emma).
- Levi pioneered and led the Myanmar Bible Software Project with a dedicated team of people. They completed translation of the Bible into 16 languages (14 Myanmar languages) in 2006 www.myanmarbible.com/bible. This was launched as a free gift to the Bible Society of Myanmar in August 2006. The Web-site is still maintained by Levi from Kansas City.
- Levi was recognized as the Person of the Year among her people in 2006 as a result of her contribution to furtherance of Literacy, Bible and Computer innovation. (She did not return to Myanmar to receive her award.)
- On May 3, 2008 (one day after the Myanmar Cyclone Disaster hit this nation and took more than 100,000 lives and left 3 million homeless and 1.5 million living at risk), Levi established the Web-site www.iLoveMyanmar.org.
- She has mobilized several hundred local volunteers in Myanmar since the day of the disaster, and through partnership with many friends, more than 80,000 lbs. of rice have been distributed, along with various relief supplies and medication. More than USD$13,000.00 worth of Bibles in Burmese and Karen languages have been distributed through the Bible Society of Myanmar.
- She will sign an agreement with the Ministry of Relief (Myanmar government) to rebuild 1,000 houses for victims of Cyclone Nargis in many villages in the most affected areas. The building materials of each house will be about USD$600.00 (highly discounted wood from the Forestry Department of Myanmar).
- Levi will also sign an MOU with the Ministry of Education (Myanmar government) to rebuild schools in the most affected areas. Average cost of building materials (pre-fabricated concrete) is USD$8,500.00.
- She is requesting permission from the Myanmar government to build boarding facilities and holistic care centers for thousands of orphans left behind by Cyclone Nargis (no estimated cost).
- Levi has plans to rebuild destroyed churches in the affected areas and build new churches throughout the region.
- Levi will complete the final phase of the Falam and Hakka language Myanmar Bible Encyclopedia (more than 20,000 pages).
- She is investigating micro-financing initiatives to help the victims of Cyclone Nargis achieve self-reliance in the next few years.
HOW CAN YOU PARTNER WITH GOD’S HEART FOR MYANMAR?
- That the name of Jesus Christ is magnified, the glory of God is revealed, and many souls saved and delivered.
- Protection for Daniel, Levi and family (from harassment, sickness, snares, etc.)
- Walking out God’s blueprint for the nation of Myanmar.
(Following reflects initial cost of these projects)
- 100,000 Bibles to be printed and distributed in 2008. – USD$5.00 each (including shipping, door-to-door distribution, etc.)
- Rebuilding 100 elementary schools: USD$8,500.00 each
- Rebuilding 1,000 houses, USD$600.00 per house
- Boat with engine USD$400.00, boat without engine USD$200.00
- Building care and boarding facilities for orphans, scholarship funds
- Medical supplies and physician services
- Initial capital for micro-financing projects for a population of 5,000 people
- Rebuilding of churches and building new churches